(The event is now FULL. Thank you!)
Jointly presented by
Hong Kong University Graduates Association
Graduates And Professionals Toastmasters Club
British Chevening Scholars (Hong Kong) Association
Date & Time: 1st August, 2009 (Sat), 2.30-4.30pm
Venue: LG101, KK Leung Building, The University of Hong Kong. Pokfulam (No. 20 as shown in the map)
Rate: FREE of charge
Seats: 50 in total (priority will be given to Life Members, and then Full Members)
Michael Michalko is developer of Thinkertoys program. Michael is a leading
creativity expert who specializes in providing creative-thinking workshops
and facilitating think tanks for clients who range from Fortune 500
corporations, such as DuPont, Xerox, Kellogg's, General Electric,
Kodak, Microsoft, Exxon, General Motors, Ford, USA Today, AT&T,
Wal-Mart and Hallmark to governmental agencies.
Thinkertoys (A Handbook of Business Creativity) is Michael’s highly
acclaimed best-seller, which the Wall Street Journal reported "will
change the way you think." It summarizes the thinking tools adopted
by Michael based on his studies and experiences.
- To develop one’s ability to generate innovative products, services and
solutions towards organization issues.
- To build participants’ ability to lead team / group to generate new ideas
effectively and efficiently
In this seminar, you can learn
- Why some companies are more innovative than the others
- Why innovation is a planned process rather than an arbitrary process
- How everyone can be turned into a creative genius using the renowned
- How you can generate ideas using selected THINKERTOYS
- Dozens of real life examples of innovative products and services
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business executives who are accountable for product and service innovation
- Managers who want to streamline operations and facilitate continuous
improvement in the workplace
- Sales and Marketing professionals who want to come up with creative ideas
to market their products
- R&D professionals who want to develop products and services that demand
- HR and Training professionals who want to assist organizations in the design
and implementation of new business objectives
Mr. Dick Yip
Thinkertoys Certified Trainer (Global)
B. Soc. Sc.
Mr. Dick Yip is a seasoned training and consulting professional in the areas of
Innovation & Creativity, Leadership Development and Emotional Intelligence.
Mr. Yip has personally trained more than 10,000 managers, professionals, teachers
and parents in Hong Kong.
Mr. Yip is currently the Senior Training Consultant of LMI Academy, a consulting
firm specializing in the development and provision of research-based executive
development programs. Organizations served included: HSBC, Bank of China (HK),
MTRC, Octopus Cards Holdings, SGS, HWL Group, The Hong Kong Jockey Club,
3M, The Marketing Store, Hasbro (Far East), Hospital Authority, Housing Authority,
EPD, CUMBA, HKBU, HKSYU and HKPU. He also participated in major e-learning
projects in many organizations as an instructional designer, for example, the Online
Mentoring Support System of Hutchison Port Holdings Ltd. and MTR Corporation,
e-Induction Program for Cathay Pacific Airways and the Facing Media – Handling
Media Difficult Questions Courseware for the HK Government (CSTDI).
Mr. Yip is also the author of the bestsellers, 《管理智庫》and《創意零距離》
published by ET Press.
Hong Kong University Graduates Assocation